EAT, SHOP, TRAVEL, EAT

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Virgin visit to Polpo

Having heard so much Venetian bacaro- Polpo, you can imagine how excited I was to get a last minute lunch booking there with one of my besties on my birthday. This place takes lunchtime reservations, but after dark expect to join the queue. Tutti bene.

Where: Polpo, 41 Beak St, Soho W1F 9SB
When: 2-3pm
What: A bustling Venetian tapas joint with a menu that you won't be able to decide from
Who: Miss Emma and I
Food:  We had a variety of amazing vegetarian dishes- Arancini, Crochetta, Grilled Foccaccia, Beetroot , Zucchini, and Mozzarella
Drinks: Merlot served from an authentic carafe and sipped from tumblers
Price: 30 pounds including the wine!
Service: Perfect
Clientele: A mixture of corporate people for lunch and out-of-towners. We sat between a sophisticated French duo and a table of American blokes
Ambiance: Bustling and jovial
Saw: There is a great bar area if you are dining alone. Probably quite a good place to meet lone lunchtime diners from the same hood
Bathrooms: I didn't have time to check them out
Would I go again? Yes, this was my best food experience in London to date. Value for money +
Also of note: Around the corner is sister restaurant Polpetto, which I am also eager to try

No comments:

Post a Comment