EAT, SHOP, TRAVEL, EAT

Friday, October 1, 2010

15 Mins in the queue @ Busaba Eathai

You know a place is good when there is a queue out the door every night. I would say convenience is also a factor here. It draws the Soho crowd who want to eat fast but don't want to stand on the street eating takeaways. It's the sort of crowd that need a quick bite on their way home from their after-work drinks. It takes about 15 minutes to get in to the cafeteria style Thai eatery and the queue can sometimes be enjoyable. Last night my friend and I listened to the conversation of the pair behind us about their respective trips to Brazil. I even took out my notebook to write down the restaurants they talked about!


What: Thai fusion
Where: Wardour St, Soho
When: 9pm
Food: I had the tofu pad thai and my friend had the duck jungle curry. She wanted spicy and she got it. Everyone raves about the calamari so I gave it another try and I am still not convinced. It is dry and rubbery.
Drinks: Just a glass of red in a very unimpressive wine glass
Ambiance: Convivial crowd and dimmed lighting
Clientele: A mixture of friendly down-to-earth people
Bathrooms: Very clean. It's dark down there though, so watch your step
Saw: No-one famous but lots of nice friendly people

No comments:

Post a Comment