EAT, SHOP, TRAVEL, EAT

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tiny Robot for a late lunch

My friend and I decided to try Tiny Robot as it is a new place in one of our favourite neighbourhoods. Tiny Robot's rough brick walls and formica tables give it the New York diner feel. It is the little sister to Clerkenwell's Giant Robot. There is a small bar downstairs with a rare late license. Unfortunately it is for members only.



Where: Tiny Robot
When: 3:30-5pm
What: New York style diner with an Italian influence. Great for lunch and dinner and it has an all day weekend brunch menu
Who: Miss C and I
Food:  I had a rocket, beetroot and goat's cheese salad and Miss C had seared Tuna. We shared a simple chocolate torte for dessert
Drinks: Cocktails (delicious) and prosecco
Price: 25 pounds for 2 people excluding drinks
Service: Waiters were attentive and friendly but the service was a bit disjointed. Because the restaurant is new, I won't hold it against them
Clientele: The usual cool, eclectic crowd that most Notting Hill eateries pull
Ambiance: It is a diner style restaurant, so it is not exactly a place to go on a romantic date. It was the perfect place to go with a friend
Bathrooms: Down a set of precarious stairs. Very tiny
Would I go again? Yes, the menu was really good, and I'd like to try some other dishes. Apparently the meat balls are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment