EAT, SHOP, TRAVEL, EAT

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Coburg Bar at The Connaught - Mayfair

I was told on very good authority (by Jason Bailey...boyfriend of amazing mixologist and Grey Goose Ambassador Joe Mccanta) that the Coburg Bar is one of the best places in London to get cocktails. I must say, I haven't yet tried better so I might have to agree!

Where: The Coburg Bar at the Connaught, Carlos Place
When: Sunday evening 5-7
What: Cocktail Bar
Who: Myself and an old friend
Food: Hand cut crisps and fresh olives to accompany our drinks...delicious
Drinks: Mojitos, Cosmopolitans and Appletinis 

Price: A little pricey...but worth it
Service: Impeccable. The gorgeous waitress recommended the Appletini to me and it was devine
Clientele: Refined and sophisticated
Ambiance: Very intimate, warm and relaxed. This is the type of place where you can have a proper conversation 
Bathrooms: These bathrooms are in a league of their own. A maid opens the toilet door for you, and she also turns the tap on for you as you approach the wash basins. The bathrooms are very clean and there are great full length mirrors. To top it off, the products are all Molton Brown
Would I go again? I would love love love to go again
Also of note: Along with the yummy cocktails, the velvet wingback chairs make you want to stay all night

No comments:

Post a Comment