EAT, SHOP, TRAVEL, EAT

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Barrafina- Soho

Where: Barrafina, 54 Frith St Soho

When: Pre-theatre on a Thursday night before heading out to Priscilla Queen of the Desert
What: Delicious Spanish style tapas. I wouldn’t be exaggerating by saying these are probably the best tapas I have ever eaten...even better than in Spain. People dine around a marble counter and are served simple plates of tasty delights. I was so engrossed in the atmosphere that Barrafina provided, that the world around me could have completely stopped and I wouldn't have cared
Who: Myself and a dear friend who is a self-confessed Priscilla fan...This was to be her fifth time at the musical
Food: Pimientos de Padron (Apparently one in every 20 of these has enough heat in it to make you breathe fire)


Chorizo with Potatoes: Creamy potatoes coupled with a decent portion of intense smoky chorizo


Ham and Cheese Croquettes - Just delicious

Chipirones (Baby fried squid)





Drinks: Hacienda Grimon 2008
Price: 25 pounds per person
Service: Exceptional friendly Spanish service across a marble countertop 
Clientele: Foodies
Ambiance: Bustling
Bathrooms: Didn’t go
Would I go again? Yes I would go again. It is fun - you feel like you could be in Spain. In my opinion, you couldn't get a more authentic and delicious Spanish tapas meal for this price 
Also of note: Each time you go, make sure you order different things. My observation was that everything other people were ordering also looked amazing. And be sure to get there early before the queue, there are only 20 or so seats inside...so as you can imagine they fill very fast

No comments:

Post a Comment